Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Dolly Parton is a Christian?

Author Topic: Dolly Parton is a Christian?
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is the fullness of Christ that we are after, the revelation of Christ as He in fact is. For too many Christians the Lord Jesus is "merely" their Savior. Thank God He is our Savior, but there is a depth and a richness bound up into the personage of Christ that goes far, far beyond "mere" salvation. Salvation is the narrow gate - coming into the fullness of Christ is the narrow path. The gate is only the entrance to something larger.

The principle we have in mind here is All Things In Christ. If we see this then we will be delivered from "things", from lack, from dissatisfaction, from inferiority, from defeat. The Lord has much to gain by us entering into His fullness now, as opposed to waiting for some future appointment with Him in heaven. It is here on the earth that we need to pray for His Kingdom and His Will to be accomplished. May the Lord illuminate our hearts as we explore these depths.

Brother Chip Brodgen

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoyed this very much. However it is overdone: Not the sermon, but the whole of this subject. If you are walking in the light, others will notice, and at some point they will fall in with you. If you are criticizing them, they will be held at bay because you are not the example that you think of yourself as, even if you know something that they don’t.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

What does it mean obey His will. It means to believe on the Christ. It is that simple. All behavior and everything else comes directly from this. Otherwise you will be guilty of ‘doing’ out of the lusts to ‘do’. Literally, not by Jesus, but for Him! You can live by Him. YOu can do by Him. You cannot live or do for Him. Then are ye an outsider.

She used this passage concerning some, which in context with the preceeding verses was referring to Pharisees who refused to recognize the Christ.

Mat 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

I’ll come back to that.

So now, the reason that the virgins who were with oil, said to the ones who were without to get their own, was because they were concerned whether they would have enough. Read it! Do you have enough? That is the point that I would stress. Where she emphasized that some of these were thinking that they could only get oil from their counterpart, well, I don’t know anyone like that. Everyone who is baptized in the Holy Ghost knows where they got it. All! Only outsiders do not recognize it.

But I agree with what she says about going directly to Jesus. This is good. I learned that I was not even to be subject to the pastor if it was not being subject to Jesus. I am to be subject to Jesus, so are you. Never mind the hierarchy that brothers will try to lay upon you. Your relationship is directly with Him.

Sewing discord is not a fruit of the spirit. Claiming you are not when you are puts you under His judgment. This is where we look at the word as a filter – not for somebody else, but for ourself. The question is whether we are ministering Jesus, or judgment.

Those talking of financial gain are not wolves in sheep’s clothing all. There is simply a leven affecting the body right now. It doesn’t make them demoniacs, or losers. It just makes them confused. Israel was confused and wandered in the desert for forty years. So does almost every believer until they discover putting Jesus first. Sorry for those of you who are insecure about this. Just call them not Christians, in disregard for scripture that you are blind to (seeing that you are so all seeing concerning the rest), and see where you fall within the kingdom.

Scripture does not say wash the feet of the poor and naked. The passage refers to the servants of the Lord whom they did not recognize as such, whom they neglected as being a believer, just as the Christian (and I believe that he is) who threw me into jail recently, by so doing, threw Jesus into jail. A Christian man threw the servant of the Lord into Jail, and by so doing, according to scripture, he tossed Christ into jail. It does not refer to treating the derelect so.

All she is doing is criticizing, putting herself on the same level as those she is criticizing by so doing. Where is the exortation to know Jesus? It is there, but it is ambiguous.

She missed it when she said that Jesus said that there was no one greater than John the Baptist. She overlooked the last part of the statement where it reads that “He who is least among men will be greater than John the Baptist.”

Who reads scripture the way it is written? That is my beef.

If you go apart just to criticize those others, you fall into the pit yourself. However, if you exalt Jesus, it will be known of you. You will not have to PUT ANYBODY DOWN.

She talked about living your life humbly as a servant, yet, the humble do not fault find in others.

She said that if they are not obeying God then they don’t have the Holy Spirit. It is completely erroneous to hold that position. Totally! (Actually it is depraved).

She talked about the things that were on the list, among which was bearing false witness. When someone criticizes another, they should have the humility to realize that they may be doing what they accuse another of, such as bearing false witness. Whatsoever doth make manifest is light. This is the word. So the word should make your condescension known to you.

Then she talks about the body being divided, when she may be causing division at the same time she is saying that she is pointing the way. I know that she is well meaning, but so are they.

This is just Pentecostal persecution, as it ends up. This is the gist of her sermon. It is sickening to hear her self select just as the one she opposes.

Concerning the rest of the passage that she opened with, I am convinced that the miracle workers that Jesus is speaking of are the ones who will follow the Antichrist. Not My people of Pentecost. I struggled with that passage for years. But it isn’t a license passage. It is not for the sake of ‘accusing’ the Pentecostals.

She talks about others trying to get you to follow men, but in her abundance of words she sounds like she is trying to get you to follow her. Sorry!

Now back to:

Mat 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

The girl said, “Do you know what scripture says to do?” She read, “LEAVE THEM.”

So with that in mind, let’s read the first verse of this scripture:

Mat15:14” LET THEM ALONE.” In other words, let them do their thing.

She mistated when she said, "Leave them."

I didn’t cease to be Pentecostal when I discovered sanctification – I went deeper. Chip Brodgen was of the Assemblies. He did not cease to be Pentecostal. He discovered the deeper revelation of Christ AS his life. So I agree with this gal that one must be sure that they are holding to the head. That simply means to discover what it means to put Jesus first. That doesn’t mean what most people think, such as by ‘doing’ all the little things that their mind tells them they are supposed to do, but rather it means to know by the Spirit. There is something here that cannot be said. It can be understood when someone discovers that they have put Him first. That is the bottom line. Ask whether you have put Him first.

Don't ask yourself. Ask Him.

Those who claim to know Him the most, may know Him the least.

"A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things." Jesus would be the good treasure of the heart.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Good NewsforAll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The speaker said that pastors are known by the fruit of the spirit. All believers are known by the fruit of the spirit. Let's not be hypocritical.

Gal 5.22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

--------------------
The Pharisees tell us what not to do. Jesus tells us what to do.
Romans 10:15 As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Posts: 400 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

This is a must see video. Please, please watch it!

BLIND GUIDES - Click Here to Watch

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CHEWY
Advanced Member
Member # 6970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHEWY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David-
That may be the best reply I have read/seen.

Chewy-

Posts: 86 | From: Kingsport Tn. | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Good NewsforAll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Isaiah:
Dolly, Oprah???? What is this, the National Enquirer??? A celebrity roast???? Gossip circle???

Focusing too much on people rather than issues is a good way to cross the line from discernment to unrighteous judgment -whether the point is valid or not.

Good point [thumbsup2]

--------------------
Romans 10:15 As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Posts: 400 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isaiah
Advanced Member
Member # 6699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Isaiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dolly, Oprah???? What is this, the National Enquirer??? A celebrity roast???? Gossip circle???

Focusing too much on people rather than issues is a good way to cross the line from discernment to unrighteous judgment -whether the point is valid or not.

Posts: 288 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Don't know, but I sure hope she has come to know the Lord as she is not getting any younger. The longer you live in sin the harder your heart becomes and if someone is waiting on a death bed repentence well I just don't think many people, if any get that chance.

Sticking your head in the sand and not wanting to try and introduce people the Jesus is not love. Acting like someone living in sin is OK is not love. The attitude of thinking it is wrong think someone that is saved would actually follow Jesus Christ is just plain wrong. Wake up.

Why do you think God sent Nathan to David?

Well it looks like He was wanting David to wake up and smell the roses!

2 Samuel 12:1-9

1And the LORD sent Nathan unto David. And he came unto him, and said unto him, There were two men in one city; the one rich, and the other poor.

2The rich man had exceeding many flocks and herds:

3But the poor man had nothing, save one little ewe lamb, which he had bought and nourished up: and it grew up together with him, and with his children; it did eat of his own meat, and drank of his own cup, and lay in his bosom, and was unto him as a daughter.

4And there came a traveller unto the rich man, and he spared to take of his own flock and of his own herd, to dress for the wayfaring man that was come unto him; but took the poor man's lamb, and dressed it for the man that was come to him.

5And David's anger was greatly kindled against the man; and he said to Nathan, As the LORD liveth, the man that hath done this thing shall surely die:

6And he shall restore the lamb fourfold, because he did this thing, and because he had no pity.

7And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man. Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul;

8And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.

9Wherefore hast thou despised the commandment of the LORD, to do evil in his sight? thou hast killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword, and hast taken his wife to be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the children of Ammon.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Good NewsforAll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KnowHim:
I believe that my bible said David and Pauli repented.

The difference is a true believer repents and does not live in continual sin.

How can we tell where Dolly Parton's heart is at the moment??

--------------------

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 2 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that my bible said David and Pauli repented.

The difference is a true believer repents and does not live in continual sin.

-

Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

quote:
Originally posted by WildB:
YEa, lets pray her into HELL

That's shocking.. [Eek!]

I hate judging threads because how many skeletons do we have in our closet?

Saul/Paul went from door to door dragging out Christians to throw them in jail. David committed adultery and then arranged to have his lover's husband killed. Noah got rip roaring drunk, and one of his sons was embarrassed to find him naked lieing in his tent. This was after all God had done for him and his family. Where does this self-righteous spirit come from, to be so judgmental after learning so much about human failings?

Dolly hasn't been in the public eye too much lately and maybe she has made some changes. She has a new album out and one of the songs is Jesus and Gravity.

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

I may be wrong, but I'm thinking that WilB was being facetious! I actually think he likes her???
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

It is not about how good or how bad you are. It is about who you follow and who you know and who know you on judgement day.

People think David Berkowitz (Son of Sam) could not be saved. But he has come to know Jesus and by seeing how he has been living for years one can tell he has changed.

http://www.jesusclips.com/view_video.php?viewkey=8ab9159f51fd0297e236

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matthew 7:21-23 (KJV)

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 19 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
YEa, lets pray her into HELL

You only have to break one of the ten commandments, once to be wicked enough to be send to hell.

I know I have broken a lot of them.

The different between someone that is going to hell and someone that is not going to hell is if they repent and come to know and follow Jesus Christ.

You sure don't continue to live for the world if you are a follower of Jesus Christ.

WildB open your eyes and read the below real slow:

1 John 2:3-6 (NIV)
We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Matthew 7:17-19
Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

It is not hard to understand.

WildB I know you are always trying to prove there is an easy button you push once and then your happly on your way to heaven. But that is just not true.

I have also warned you not to be so rude and saying what you have is totally rude. I like to read your posts but you are really pushing it. No one that is a follower of Jesus Christ wants anyone to go to hell and surely will not pray for anyone to go there.

But people that care and love people will do their best to warn people of hell and tell them how to come to know Jesus Christ.

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why in the world would you say that WildB ? [Confused]

I hope everybody get to have Eternal Life... even someone as wicked as Hitler ...

but only those found enduring to the in of their person walk, following Yahshua will have that Blessing....

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KnowHim's post in this thread made me think...?

How does a man like Hank Williams write a song like "I Saw the Light"

I began to pray and I believe Yahweh guided me to the answer.

on Carols post ... "The Cost of Following Him"...this morning I read in KnowHim's response....

quote:
(James 4:4 NIV) You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.

Look very closely at this passage from James. First it shows choice; "anyone who chooses..." Then it says "becomes an enemy of God." Those two statements are vitally important. Sinners (non-believers) do not choose to be friends with the world, they are the world. Next, sinners (non-believers) do not become enemies of God, they were born enemies of God, just like all us of were. So what is James saying? He is saying that if you are a Christian yet you choose to be friends with the world, meaning to indulge in the sins of the world and live as the world, then you become an enemy of God. He is referring to people who choose to follow the world instead of following Christ. Don't let people fool you about this, you can't walk away from Christ and still retain your position in heaven.

(1 Corinthians 6:9-10 NIV) [9] Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders [10] nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Why would Paul bother to tell believers this? Surly if they are believers they understand that sinful man will not inherit the kingdom of God, so if that is what Paul is saying it was just a waste of words. Paul is saying exactly what he means. People who are these things, no matter what label they place on themselves, such as Christian or believer, will not see heaven. Again you cannot see heaven by living like this even if you believe that Jesus is the Son of God and died for your sins. Part of faith is putting that faith to work, or in other words being a disciple.

If you believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that He died for your sins, but you continue on in sin, then you are saying that you believe, but don't care. That is not saving faith. There won't be any part-time Christians in heaven. There won't be any believers who are not disciples in heaven.

Listen to Jesus, He said and is still saying "Follow Me!"

Hank Williams like so many other singers was raised in Church, hearing the Gospel from childhood but the love of this world destroyed their testimony of faith, their Salvation is between them and Yahweh but what ruin they have made of their lives and how many little one did they destroy with their testimony...

Extract from the CMT.com column - Nashville Skyline
"I Saw the Light" -- A Country Music Beacon?
The Saga of One Classic Country Song
by Chet Flippo

"Country gospel is genuine currency of the realm, a timeless message
that transfers seamlessly from generation to generation.

Williams himself, who was the original country star who set the
pattern for sinning on Saturday night and seeking redemption on
Sunday morning, seemingly looked into the face of eternity with
the lyrics of "I Saw the Light."

He wrote it in 1948: I wandered so aimless, my life filled with sin/
I wouldn't let my dear savior in/Then Jesus came like a stranger in
the night/Praise the Lord, I saw the light.

The melody, ironically, is identical to that of the Chuck Wagon
Gang's 1935 country gospel song "He Set Me Free." Melodies
back then -- like now -- were fluid vehicles to be liberally
borrowed from. Williams -- who granted virtually no interviews
in his life -- never talked about the circumstances of writing that
song. But his mother, Lillian, after his death, said the idea
stemmed from an evening early in his career. She explained,
"We was drivin' back from doin' a show in Georgiana [Alabama],
and I was drivin' and Hank had his head in my lap, and he said,
'Oh, Mamma, I'm tired, so tired, but I know we're almost home
because I saw the light.'" The light he mentioned was from the
beacon at the airport.

Toward the end of his life, Williams was so drunk or drugged
one night in San Diego that he stumbled off stage after finishing
only two songs in the first show of a two-show evening gig.
Minnie Pearl and the show promoter's wife drove him around
town to try to sober him up enough to do the second show. They
tried to get him to sing along with them to revive him. He sang
only one verse of "I Saw the Light" before stopping. "Minnie,"
Williams said, "I don't see no light. There ain't no light."

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/pdcmusic/hank-williams-i-saw-the-light.html

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

quote:
Originally posted by ECM:
I do not believe anyone can know if someone else is a Christian. We can know to some extent what someone says and does, but only God knows the heart. Someone may appear to be a Christian and in fact be "lost," and someone may appear not to be a Christian and in fact be "found." There are many levels of spiritual maturity.

Esther

Yes this is what people want to believe so not to think someone is lost. But in reality we can know. True God is the only one that knows for sure, but I would say 99% of the time you can tell if someone is saved. How you can know? If they are saved then they know Jesus Christ and He will be the main focus of their life.

1 John 2:3-6 (NIV)
We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Matthew 7:17-19
Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

It does make one feel better to think they can't know. That way they don't have to be concerned about people, family members or friends that are constantly living in sin.

People say they don't want to hurt their feeling because they love them. But in reality if you love someone you don't want to see them burn in hell for eternity so it is much better to try to turn them to Jesus Christ who can help them and give them peace forever and a day.

People think I am unloving a lot of times but I just can't think I love someone and not try to do something to point them to the King of Kings, Jesus Christ who is the ONLY one that can save them and help them. I guess a lot of folks thought John the Baptist was just totally mean person for some of the things he said to people. But he still said them anyway.

Repent for the kingdom of God is at hand!

Just my thoughts on the subject.

[Big Grin]

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can see a Christian demolish his or her testimony. It happens whenever one is seeking the world, and Christ is put on a back burner. Certainly it doesn't mean that they are not saved. And though some vehemently disagree, I feel that one can become so ensnared by the world that they are in danger, should they die in that condition, of losing what they had gained.

When are you saved? You are saved when you believe on Jesus unto salvation. Why? Because scripture says that if you believe, you shall be saved. Scripture says that it is done. Your part is to believe unto it. What is important here is that you have believed on who He is according to scripture: Virgin Birth, Death and Resurrection, Is God, and ever was. Accompanying this is that one believes unto making Him Lord of their life, which is what most pray when they are led to Him. But scripture is even more simple. Believe, it says, because a fact is a fact.

Once one has believed, they embark on a journey of coming to know Him. From glory to glory there are degrees that virtually all Christians go through of coming to know Him.
It is a wandering through the wilderness issue, that continues until He brings one into the Promised Land. This Promised Land, by the way is universally thought of as, "When we die, we go to heaven." But to this, let this be said, "The Kingdom of Heaven cometh not with observation." And, "Lo, it is within you." It doesn't come physically, for those who expected that it would while He was here. It does not wait until we croak. It is in us whenever we believe unto its being so. It is within you is very plainly spoken. A person cuts to the chase when they understand this. Much wilderness wandering can be thwarted by understanding this. Israel eventually came into the Promised Land.

If one doesn’t seek Him, they are like the parable of the talents where the one individual didn’t give a return on what was invested in him, i.e. given to him. Remember, he took his talent and “Buried” it? This is like when someone gets saved and then, being infatuated with the world, pursues it rather than Christ. You cannot love God and mammon (the riches of this world), either you will hate the world and love God, or you will cling to the world and despise God. You bury Him when you love the world just like the guy buried that talent.

If one wants to really know Him, then they should cut out the middle part. All they have to do is pray about it. Concerning seeking it, it can be described different ways; Repent, Believe, Yield. These are all ways. But He knows you and how to reveal Himself to you. Simply ask Him to reveal Himself to you. You must be willing to take up your cross though. That is what the wilderness is about. When you wander in the wilderness, it is because you do not take up the cross. Those people wandered because they were not right in their heart towards God.

Think of the Promised Land as being knowing Him the way you are supposed to know Him.

ECM
Advanced Member
Member # 7097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ECM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not believe anyone can know if someone else is a Christian. We can know to some extent what someone says and does, but only God knows the heart. Someone may appear to be a Christian and in fact be "lost," and someone may appear not to be a Christian and in fact be "found." There are many levels of spiritual maturity.

Esther

--------------------
Smile, God loves you.

Posts: 22 | From: Monroe, WA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 14 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup2]

Johnny Cash

Oh Yes I do think Johnny came to know Jesus before he died!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1e0EQlQXoEo&feature=PlayList&p=3F0C23E5919A040C

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

I was going to say the exact thing Drew,

Amen David, Drew...

WildB, [thumbsup2]

--------------------

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You are both right.

I have misspoked myself.

Her voice is a gift and I like her religious songs..

as do I Johnny Cash.

As do I, and Elvis had a beautiful Gospel voice. It is the heart and the fruit which is called into question.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are both right.

I have misspoken myself.

Her voice is a gift and I like her religious songs..

as do I Johnny Cash.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Don't you think this would prove Dolly is a Christian:

The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083642/

Well not unless she has changed her out look and come to really know the Savior and not just about Him.

I have not seen any evidence she is.

But I pray she has or will come to know Him.

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Do you really think Dolly Parton is a Christian?

Does a real Christian support homosexuality?

Does a real Christian draw attention to sexuality by immodesty?

Does a real Christian embrace the world and Yahshau at the same time?

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (BP)--Taking sides in a cultural battle, some of the nation's top artists -- including Mandy Moore, the Dixie Chicks and Dolly Parton -- have contributed to a CD that benefits the nation's largest homosexual activist organization.

All of the proceeds from the CD, "Love Rocks," will go to the Human Rights Campaign -- a homosexual activist organization that has figured prominently in the push to legalize same-sex "marriage" nationwide and works to promote "lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender rights."

The two-disk CD set -- which is being released just in time for Valentine's Day -- features some 30 artists, including Yoko Ono, who sings "Every Man Has a Man." Other top artists are Christina Aguilera, Emmylou Harris, Pink and Carole King.

http://www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?id=20019

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/CCM/dolly_parton-exposed.htm

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement